Saturday, April 23, 2016

Variegated threads

Variegated threads are fun to work with, especially if choosing colours is not your strong point. Years ago I found Anchor multi-coloured threads on a trip to Bangkok and I happily added some to my stash to try out.

A crazy patch pincushion,




 a mini stitch sampler needlebook,


and a herringbone stitch sampler all enlivened by variegated threads.




On the Create and Stitch website I found this today.


DMC have brought out a new range of variegated threads. I can't wait to see them.

Now to pack for a family get together in Sedgefield, along the Garden Route, a beautiful part of the country.

Till next time, happy stitching!


2 comments:

  1. You have made full use of the variegated threads on these samplers. I especially like using variegated threads for linear stitching, Chain stitch, Stem stitch or similar where the shading livens up a simple stitch line. If used for filling in stitches, you'll get a marbled look.
    I can see you want to 'go shopping'!
    Have a wonderful holiday trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Queenie! I made a small sampler of linear stitches all in red, but it was quite uninteresting. The variegated thread with line stitches is visually more interesting because your eye moves along the line following the colour change. Better go, Rod wants to pack the car...

    ReplyDelete