Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Little Progress and How to Centre a Design

I have made a little progress on my Hedebo piece. The weaving in the drawn thread areas has been done and there are photos on my camera. Unfortunately the photos are not yet on my new PC. I am still finding my way around Windows 10 and getting things set up the way I want them. I hope to download all my camera software soon and then I will be able to post some more photos here on my blog. 

In the meantime I can show you the one photo that I do have on my PC of how I marked out the drawn thread areas with pins in order to centre the woven designs in the two leaf shapes. 


Oh, and the little woven motif at the bottom? It was unpicked 5 times before I got it where it was supposed to be! In this photo it's still one square too far to the right.

I hope to show you more photos of the Hedebo progress soon when I should also be able to show you a few photos of the lovely outing I had on Saturday with the Cape Embroiderers' Guild to visit the studio of one of our members.

It's always interesting to learn how other embroiderers approach the small challenges we face in our stitching. If you have any helpful little techniques you would like to share, please either leave a comment below or email me at lynette[dot]warner[at]gmail[dot]com. I'd love to hear from you.

'Till next time, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment