Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year and a Smocked Dress

To end off my last post for the year here is a photo of my granddaughter on Christmas day.


She is wearing the very first smocked dress I made, not for her but for her mom all those years ago. I used a variety of stitches and colours and just had fun. She is a real girl and loves dressing up and putting on shoes. But yes that is a car she is holding! Her big brother who is 3 likes to play with her and teaches her how to play cars.

The last day of 2013 already and tomorrow the start of a new year! How time flies. I wish all my readers a very happy, healthy 2014 and lots of pleasant times for stitching. Thank you for all your comments and support. It's been lovely chatting to you whether through comments, email or in person in the supermarket.

Till next time, Happy New Year and Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. That's lovely, Lyn. So gratifying to see it still in use and enjoyed. Even better to see her playing with cars while wearing it. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian. Yes, it brings back lots of memories to see her wearing that little dress. I had a good laugh when I read your comment about the cars, thanks!

      Delete