Friday, May 3, 2013

Cupboards and stitched treasures

In between stitching I have been going through some cupboards and trying to clear out and make some space.

The stitching has been fun. I have been asked to submit a teaching project for possible inclusion in an embroidery convention in August next year. What a surprise that was! The convention is known as Ighali (meaning Threads) and will take place in Port Elizabeth. For the event I am working on a piece of Dresden Lace, or pulled worked on very fine fabric, something that I really enjoy. But more about that in a future post.

Clearing out the cupboards was not fun - until I found my daughter's wedding veil. Then it was a trip down memory lane because she remodelled and updated my wedding dress and train for her wedding. Also, I had always wanted to embroider a wedding veil and that was the perfect time to do it.

When the sun shines again here in Cape town I will take some photos of the train and the veil and put them up on my blog for you to see.

Till then, happy stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment