Monday, May 2, 2011

My new black and white cloth book

A few weeks ago I posted a blog on the cloth books that my daughter Cindy and I made for my two new grandsons. The nice thing about making a cloth book for babies is that you can make it fully washable. Also the pages aren't damaged when they clutch it in their little hands.


  Well last week I was able to see for myself just how intriguing little Jake, now 4 months old, found the simple black, white and red pages of his book when he saw it for the first time.



It was fascinating to watch Jake's concentration as he scanned each page and then reached out to explore it. 





I must admit I was a bit sceptical that the boys would find the books interesting, but after seeing this I am convinced that babies really do appreciate the contrast of the black, white and red shapes. There's nothing like putting a theory to the test to convince oneself that it's true.

I'd love to hear if you have had a similar experience with black and white baby books.

A tip about commenting: In Blogspot that I am using to publish my blog, the entry for 'Comment as: Select a profile" is compulsory . Full guidelines for comments are included at the end of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog of Bronwyn, Simon & Jake looking at his book.

    Beryl

    ReplyDelete